Wednesday, August 26, 2009

serenity now!

It amazes me how silence can sort of ring in your ears, distracting you in a way that makes you realize "maybe the pounding bass below WAS music to my ears." After our few interactions with the noisy closers of the sandwich shop downstairs (via landlord because let's face it, some of us just don't thrive on confrontation), the squalor below has ceased. Regardless, I am now faced with ......nothing. No overzealous stereo system below, no slamming doors, no cigarette smoke breaks to mar the fresh smells of our little apartment. I enjoy the serenity. It also makes me restless in a way that could also be contributed to the four coffees and two Diet Cokes I drank today (staff retreats are HELL on my oral fixation with beverages).

A siren wailed loudly past the parking lot. I guess that breaks it up a little.

The irony about this extremely scattered post is that as I was about to wrap up some completely useless thoughts on ...well, nothing... the music below flared up as if from Hell itself. Then, a little quieter. Now, it's respectful, yet I still hear strains of Marvin Gaye's own "What's Going On." This is serendipitous.

Ok, scratch that... wait, are they seriously blasting old school DESTINY'S CHILD? Who ARE these people? ...now, hold on, they've switched it back to some song I remember from the movie "How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days." CRAZIES. I have CRAZY neighbors.

Time to bring the rage. xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment